VOLUNTEERING IN PERSON
We are searching for dedicated volunteers to join us on a regular basis! Although this is volunteer work, we do put a lot of time into training our volunteers and ask that they show up on time, work hard, and call us if they are unable to make it in. Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 2 days a month, but more often is welcomed and preferred. Volunteers must be 18 years or older, and must sign a waiver to be on premise. Please note that our bats are still very much wild animals, and while many will accept treats and are comfortable around us, they are not to be handled.
If you are sincerely interested in helping the bats please fill out the Volunteer Application at the link below. Please also be sure to read over our Volunteer Agreement & Guidelines. The Volunteer Agreement can be signed in person on your first day.
VOLUNTEERING FROM HOME
There are many ways to help bat by simply sitting at your computer in the convenience of your home. Please see the list below to get started. If you have an idea that is not mentioned below, please e-mail us at [email protected] – we would appreciate hearing from you! On behalf of the bats, thank you.
1. GO GREEN! Recycle, reduce, reuse, plant trees and conserve green space.
2. PUT UP A BAT HOUSE!
Provide much-needed habitat for the bats in your area.
3. PLAN AHEAD when it comes to construction and home remodeling projects during maternity season for bats. Baby bat season runs from early April to late September, depending on where you live. You may not even be aware that a few mother bats are raising their young in a secluded area of your attic or roof. Waiting until baby season is over will insure that these mothers can successfully raise their pups.
4. SET UP AN EDUCATIONAL BOOTH
Set up an informational booth at local fairs, conventions, and Earth Day events. We will be happy to provide literature to get you started. Click here for ideas on educational displays.
5. MAKE YOUR TOWN SMARTER!
Write a Letter to the Editor about the benefits of bats, and be sure to include how to humanely handle bats if they become a problem in local homes and businesses (click here to learn more). Also write public interest articles to spread the word through other types of publications.
6. CREATE A FUNDRAISER FOR BAT WORLD
You will need the right sort of idea and right location for it. Example – you might host a Fruit Bat Benefit – $25 gets participants a basket of fruit (donated by a local produce store).
7. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
We share photos and educational information almost every day on our Bat World’s Facebook page. If you know someone who is afraid of bats, please have them join our page so they can see what bats are really like. Educating others is the key to saving bats around the world!
8. USE AMAZON SMILE
If you shop at Amazon.com, please create an Amazon Smile account and choose Bat World Sanctuary as your designated charity. Every time to sign into Amazon Smile and shop, Amazon Smile will send us a donation!
9. Click here for other ways to help, including Shop for Your Cause a unique way to Click and Influence the world around us. Click Daily and raise 2 cents for Bat World Sanctuary and Sign Petitions to help create change.